Welcome to Console
Discover the best tools and beta releases for developers.
Console aims to become the place developers go to find the best tools. Starting as a weekly newsletter, each week we will pick out the most interesting tools and new releases. We keep track of everything - dev tools, devops, cloud, and APIs - so you don’t have to.
Our recommendations are made through years of experience and research, bringing a deep practical understanding of the needs of experienced developers. We pride ourselves on being transparent in our editorial approach. It’s our job to do the filtering, so you can stay up-to-date with the tools that matter, and focus on what you do best. Building.
Our selection criteria are explained below. The more of these questions we can answer positively, the more likely a tool is to be featured. We try to be objective but there is always a subjective element to deciding what we think is the best, most interesting set of tools each week:
- Is this interesting and useful to developers?
- Is there a self-service signup?
- Would this form part of a daily-use set of developer tools?
- Does it make me a better developer?
- Does it solve a problem I have experienced? How well does it solve it?
- Would this be used by advanced, power-users?
- Is the tool high quality?
- Does it do the job it claims?
- Does it have a good graphical and/or command line interface? Shortcuts? Accessibility?
- Is it being actively maintained with regular bug fixes and updates?
- Does it have good documentation? Is it fast?
- Does it have any negative impact on security or privacy?
- How would I feel recommending this to my friends? Would I tweet a link to it?
Beyond the newsletter
Over time our goal is to build a community where developers can find the best tools. This will include long form research, discussion, and exclusive deals and/or early access to beta programs and new releases.
We aim to support Console through this last one - partnering with vendors to connect with our audience, such as by syncing reviews with new releases or offering exclusives such as access to beta programs or bonus credits. We may be paid for these. However, our editorial process is independent from our vendor partnerships. We do not accept payment for product inclusion. Where we feature exclusive deals from partners, they must first fit our selection criteria before we consider working with them.
To learn more about Console, check out the Console blog where you can follow our progress. To start, we recommend reading our thoughts on the ‘Age of the Developer’. We aim to be open and transparent so everyone can see what we're building .
Interested? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below! And if you spot (or are working on) something you think we should include, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Console Ltd is registered in England and Wales at RH 115 The Record Hall, 16-16A Baldwins Gardens, London, EC1N 7RJ, UK. Our company number is 13016709 and our UK Data Protection registration number is ZA837052.
Subscribe to the weekly Console newsletter
An email digest of the best tools and beta releases for developers. Every Thursday. See the latest email.